Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Robotical Inspiration

To help inspire Andrew in his robotic endeavors, I am going to post the lyrics to my never-recorded song: "I Am Robot".

I am Robot: hear me beep.
And under this metal sky I sleep.
I am waiting to upload
A million gigabytes that you have told me

Of life...
And youth...
The stuff eludes me.

I am Robot: a thing of steel.
Cold to the touch but adamantly real.
You sit there staring at shiny skin,
But what matters is the circuitry within me.

The miles...
Of wire...
The sparkplugs fire!

Woo! Woo-wee-oooh-ooh!
Woo! Woo-wee-oooh-ooh!

I am Robot: the metal man.
Won't you reach out and hold my robot hand?
I'll take you places you've never been
We'll explore the universe from end to end.

To search...
To see...
To find what we need.

Woo! Woo-wee-oooh-ooh!
Woo! Woo-wee-oooh-ooh!

8 comments:

Andrew said...

i hate to follow those lousy roboposts, but i have heard your robot song, and it has been recorded, and it is my favorite robot song i've ever heard! it's already an inspiration to me!

Michael said...

Wait...it has been recorded? Why haven't I heard it? What's the deal?

Murf said...

Did I record it? I have gone senile! Andrew, do you have a copy of that version somewhere???

Andrew said...

it's on a CD that both of the michaels have played for me! i remember it clearly! how could i remember it clearly if it hasn't been recorded? the chord changes all sound like they're on a whole note scale, with lots of chromatic changes, and i think they were all 7 chords. it had sort of a latin/brazilian type sound to it. i've heard it!

Michael said...

Wait...are you thinking of "Follow the Robot"?

Andrew said...

uh, no. i know this song. though it may be possible that i'm remembering the future. this has happened before, but i think i remembered it. or forgot it. or maybe it hasn't happened yet.

but i know this song. i could sing it to you. i know the melody. melody from the future.

Murf said...

Wait...maybe you heard a practice demo of it???? I will search my million backup disks and see if I have it somewhere...and if I do I'll post it!

Murf said...

Wait! Also, I think I played it live one night at Michael's place in Knoxville... perhaps at the end of a Halloween party where mucho's vodka had been drunk by all?

Still..I am searching my CDs...!