Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blogs are dead (dying?) dead.

I am a selfish person.  I am not as good as a friend to all my friends as they are to me.  I do not visit them as I should.  I make big situations for myself that really aren't that big, and therefore always have an excuse not to go do something.  I am the stranger of a friend whom I always don't give much thought or time to.

I miss all my friends.  They are all terrific people, and I was lucky to be able to have dinners with them and phone conversations with them and play games with them and kill zombies with them and make music with them and do projects with them.

I have no point to this.  I'm just sayin.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

i feel exactly the same way. it gets harder and harder to keep in touch with people, even though it should be easy. there's so many ways to do it. people used to write letters to each other, which must have been pretty time consuming, you know? i don't know what the cause of it is. i can't accept that it's just my being lazy, though maybe that's all it is. i have a real problem with laziness. anyways, i understand.

Michael said...

Oh man, I haven't looked at your blog since January! Yikes! I think Andrew's comment about letters has something to do with it. Communication has been fragmented. There are too many ways to communicate with someone; I think it causes communication (other than in person) to be fragmented and shallow, in a way.

On a related note, I feel like the art of inviting people to do things is suffering. In Texas, if any of my friends did anything with me, 95% of the time it was because I invited them to. (if you are a TX friend who is somehow reading this, note: I love you guys. If I could still have you over for game night, I would in a second!) It was rare that anyone invited me to do anything. This has not changed in Alabama. It's discouraging. Sad to say, I've given up inviting people to do things, (selfishly) because no one invites me to do anything.

I blame the internet.