Sunday, July 13, 2008

Precise Instructions for Murf's Summer Stew

This recipe entry is dedicated to a special chef out there who, through some delicious creations of her own, has inspired me to improve my culinary techniques and methods.

Now, on with the show: MURF’S SUMMER STEW (recipe based off a recipe from Murf’s mom, who is an artisan stewstress.)




Why is it called ‘Summer Stew’ you ask? Well, because I made it in the summer. BAM! That’s why. Now here is the ingredient list. If you want to recreate this stew for yourself, then you must follow these instructions with the utmost precision. Luckily for you, I wrote them all down. And by ‘wrote them all down’, I mean I will vaguely recall what I think I threw into the crock pot this morning.

1 cup of Stew-beef-meat. Maybe it was half a pound? It was one good-sized handful of those chunks of beef that are already cut into big pieces. It was two small-sized handfuls of those chunks of beef that are already cut unto big pieces. If you have medium-sized hands, then I will trust in your own interpolation methods to figure out the correct amount of beef.
14-17 baby carrots from one of those bags of baby carrots.
2 red potatoes chopped into potato chunks.
1 can of diced tomatoes with the basil on the label.
1/3 of a softball-sized white onion, chopped into onion chunks.
1 and a half cups of SANGRIA BOXED WINE (angelic humming queue here) Maybe 2 cups. Heck, just use as much as would fit in a small crock pot to fill it up to an inch short of the top of the vegetables.

Directions: dump all of the above into a crock pot. Make sure you dump all the juice from the can of diced tomatoes in there as well, as it, combined with the boxed wine, makes the perfect sauce. Cook on High for 8-10 hours.

How it tastes: Friggin amazing. It’s as good as a backrub from the Queen of England.

2 comments:

Mrs. Whit said...

Who's this special chef? How do I get her number?? She sounds amazing!!!

Michael said...

I make stew with wine too! And I got a back rub from the Queen of England, and stew WAS better!