Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday is here to stay.

Petronox crashes into my office, breathless and agitated. One hand rests against the frame around my office door, the other points down the hallway toward the front of the building. He is trying to tell me something, but all I catch is:

"Look...(pant)...dark...(gasp)...quick...(huff)...now...(rasp)!"

"Is it a monster?" I ask him, reaching across my desk for the small box of raisins I had placed there this morning. One by one I separate a raisin from it's smooshed brethren, waiting for Petro to regain his composure. One by one I place a wrinkled bit on my tongue, and then mash it between my teeth, while Petro doubles over coughing and gagging. I use a #2 pencil to pry some raisin from between my molars as Petro spits foamy saliva onto my office carpet.

There is no way I am going to clean that shit up.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

you can obviously see that i check here every two days.

that was an excellent story.

Murf said...

i miss you andrew!!! i heard you are abroad! awesome awesome.

Andrew said...

i am back, and i miss you too!

since the family is coming together again, we're more likely to be in close proximity sometime soon! like this weekend, when i go to see the new huntsville place!